The Woza Panic button App
The Woza app connects residents to the Security Control Room to get help fast in an emergency.
This can be an emergency involving you or an emergency involving anyone else.
It's an easy way to get help, wherever you may be - the Controller receives your name & contact details and is able to see on a map exactly where you are.
You just have to be connected to the Internet (wifi or data) when you activate the panic alert.
When you activate the panic alert, the app does 3 things:
- It automatically alerts the Wig Wam Security Control Room via the Internet.
- It alerts your emergency contacts by sms, warning them them that something might be wrong.
- It starts a phone call to the Security Control Room's emergency phone number.
Even if you can't speak, the Control Room will receive a notification that you may be in distress, and will respond appropriately.
If you can speak, you will tell the Controller what the problem is and the appropriate action will be taken to assist you.
How to trigger a panic alert
There are 2 ways to trigger a panic alert:
- Press the big round Woza panic button on the app, or
- if you enabled shake-to-activate under Settings, give the app a hard shake and it will open and start the 20 second countdown. When it reaches zero, a panic alert is activated as described above.
Any questions, please just ask me on whatsapp 0824993552. Thanks, Paul.